Tuesday, January 15, 2013

At the Sound of Your Great Name

I'm minding my own business, going about my morning as usual when this song comes on.


I stopped, I listened. I started to sing along. It turned into a prayer.

Every fear; has no place; at the sound of your great nameThe enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of your great name


All the weak; find their strength; at the sound of your great nameHungry souls; receive grace; at the sound of your great name
It became a prayer for a good friend of mine that is pregnant, stuck in a hospital room on bedrest until her little one is strong enough to survive this world.

I can't even begin to imagine the worry and fear that would try to worm its way into her mind.

BUT AT THE SOUND OF YOUR GREAT NAME, those fears must flee. 

The fatherless; they find their rest; at the sound of your great nameSick are healed; and the dead are raised; at the sound of your great name
It became a prayer for myself. for my family, for my church. Hungry Souls, receive grace.







No comments:

Post a Comment